15 March 2007

Studying For The SCNA exam *bleh*

OK, so I'm sitting here studying for the Sun Certified Network Administrator (SCNA) for Solaris 10 exam, and well, to be honest it's boring as hell, and I'm forcing myself to study for it. I've been working with Solaris for over 10 years, and this covers things like the TCP/IP model, Subnetting, DHCP, DNS, NTP, and well, I know these things, damnit! I used to be a SysAdmin in a previous life, so I was expected to know these things, and now I'm worried about passing the exam on Tuesday, as I can't remember the last time I actually configured a DHCP server! Yeah, I've hacked a DHCP/NTP/DNS server, I know how the damn TCP/IP model works, but for some reason I'm still stressed about this exam. It really doesn't help either that I have the last two books of courseware for the GIAC Certified Incident Handler (GCIH) sitting on my desk, and all I want to do is pick them up, read them, and do the exam. I'm hoping to do that one next Friday, but then my MacBook Pro is supposed to be getting here next Weds, so we'll have to see how that goes. Oh well, enough of my ranting for now, better get back to some studying. Bleh! I'll leave you with a funny one though: Solaris 10/11 Telnetd vulnerability telnet -l -froot bwahahahahah!!!!!!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, can you advice what books have you used to study?

I do have the exam cram by Jon Philcox but thats for Sol 9... not sure if this is useless or not... looks like the material covered on both exams is pretty much the same...maybe, except the ipfilter thats not covered in Sol 9 exam...

thanks,
C.