14 December 2006

Passed Sun Certified Systerm Administrator Exam! (Well, the first one anyway)

So I spent a couple of days preparing for the exam (CX-310-200), and then yesterday I went and sat the exam. Considering I went into the exam with an open mind, and no idea at all if I was going to pass or fail. I was really happy when I finally walked out of the tiny little testing room, and eventually got to look at my results and saw the word PASS! I must say though, I've been working with Solaris for a good few years now, and I would hate to try the exam if I hadn't, okay granted I could have spent a lot more time preparing for the exam, but hey, I always managed to find something better to do than study. Today I booked the 2nd exam (CX-310-202) for the 19th January, for this next one though, I'm going to have to get some serious studying in, as I think that this next one is going to be a bit of a nightmare. All going well though, after the 19th January, I should be SCSA certified. I then need to start preparing for the other exams that I got vouchers for, before the vouchers are no longer valid. The two that I still have to do, before I take on anything new are the Sun Certified Java Programmer (SCJP), and the Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA). I'm hoping to get both of them behind me by the end of March next year, but we'll see what happens between now and then I guess.

No comments: