21 December 2006

Month Of Apple Bugs, Beginning January 1st 2007

As you all know I am a huge fan of Apple's OS X operating system, but I am also heavily involved in information security as well. I personally think that something like this is one of the best things that can happen to Apple's operating system, I also think that the timing is perfect as well, as this will put some strain on Apple to get these fixed in a timely manner. On the 9th of January Steve Jobs will be giving his keynote at Macworld, so I am guessing this means that most of Apple's techies will be working to find any bugs in any of the new kit that will obviously be getting announced. Having the Month Of Apple Bugs at this time, will hopefully show us all just how seriously Apple takes the security of it's operating system. The really great thing with this is though that any bugs found by LMH and KF will hopefully help to make OS X even more secure once they have been patched, and if Apple plays this hand right, it could also show MS how things are supposed to be done in the security world. I don't know whether this second part will happen, but it's a nice thought at least. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens. Either way, I think that January is going to be a damn good month!

No comments: