28 September 2010

Exciting Times!

Wow! I just had a look at this blog and realized that the last time I wrote anything was back in May this year. Things have been rather manic and interesting these last few months, I have been blogging, just not here. All the blogging that I've done lately has been for SecuriTeam, if you've never read any of the articles on the SecuriTeam site, now is a good time to start.

From my side, I probably won't be updating this blog as often as I'd like to going forward, as I have some really interesting news. I've now finished with the company that I was working for, 6 years is a long time to be working for someone, and now it's time for something new.

The "something new" is what I'm really excited about, I've decided to try my hand at a start-up again, now anyone who knows me will know that some of my best working times have been at start-ups, so I'm going to be doing that all over again. Only this time, with a bit of a difference, you see the start-up in question this time is mine.

If you haven't seen it yet, check out IT Security Geeks. This is my new pet project and we have some really exciting things coming to the site, but be sure to check the site regularly for updates. I'll also be spending a fair amount of time updating the IT Security Geeks blog with any relevant news as well, and all going well there should be a fair bit of interesting news.

The thought process behind starting IT Security Geeks went something along the lines of the following:

Why is it that a lot of IT Security consultancies(including the Big 4) never do things right?

Why is it that consultants never listen and deliver exactly what is required of them?

Why the hell are they so damn expensive, for not much work?

Why is it that every security consultancy wants to come in and change the way that we do business? We understand that they know security, but they don't understand our business model.

We wondered if we could change all those things, and deliver a truly client focused security experience, and that's how IT Security Geeks was born.

So keep an eye on the web site and keep checking the blog for updates.

As always all comments are welcome.

No comments: